Community Clinic Impact & Outcomes 2014-2015
The Community Clinic
Total children served:
After 6-12 months of therapy, when we compare kids behavior using the CANS (Child / Adolescent Needs and Strengths Assessment) before and after therapy we see positive gains:
- Less stress within the living situation (by 16%)
- The child engaging in productive activities (14%)
- School achievement (19%)
- Overall behavior (21%)
- Overall social functioning (20%)
- Overall, 98% of the families served through The CC were very satisfied with the services they received within the CC.
The Community Clinic: Ravenswood Initiative for More Kids
Total children/families/educators served
54 referrals for consultation from Ravenswood School District and Boys & Girls Club staff, 75 Boys & Girls Teacher Mentors trained in positive behavior intervention, 20 Boys & Girls staff attended workshops on social emotional learning and managing depression, 5 families received bilingual, interdisciplinary student evaluations/recommendations/support service options
Examples of support provided:
- In April 2015, Dr. Coloma presented to 7th and 8th grade students at an event aimed to communicate barriers to and strategies for reaching success.
- RCSD invited CHC to join the Counseling Services Design Team to collaborate with counselors within the district.
- Parent and student education event: Anxiety & Depression with a special emphasis on self-harm.
- Developing a model of academic support services for kids at RCSD who have been identified as needing support through an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- 3 part teacher workshops for teachers, including practicing techniques learned